New Zealand’s road show, dedicated to supporting the New Zealand fitness industry. Includes 1/2 day workshops for both facility managers, and also Personal Trainers, to help grow and support their business.
NEW in 2013
- More cities: We’ve added Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- New content: PT workshops now include both business and exercise content
Who is this event for?
- Club Owners and Managers and
- Personal Trainers (or those that want to become one).
When is it near me?
All sessions run 9am to Midday. (full venue details will be provided to attendees)
- Auckland – Monday 10 June 2013 (YMCA Northshore)
- Hamilton - Tuesday 11 June 2013 (Comfort Inn Motel)
- Tauranga – Wednesday 12 June 2013 (Bay of Plenty Polytechnic)
- Napier – Thursday 13 June 2013 (Pettigrew Green Arena)
- Palmerston North – Friday 14 June 2013 (Community House – next to library)
- Wellington - Monday 17 June 2013 (Skills Active)
- Dunedin – Tuesday 18 June 2013 (Otago Polytechnic)
- Christchurch – Wednesday 19 June 2013 (Elevate – 2 Colombo St)
Workshop overview - Personal Trainers:
The Personal Training session will focus on one of the fastest growing business opportunities for Personal Trainers – the Pelvic Floor, as well as a session on sharing ideas to help other exercise professionals.
You will learn and take away new ideas on:
- How to build your business by creating relationships with physios and other health care professionals
- Why all the fuss about pelvic floor?
- What is pelvic floor, and how does it work with the core?
- Pelvic floor exercise, and how to incorporate them into core exercise
The Power of Us
Forget your old ideas about networking and join Julz here in 2013, where meeting and sharing with other fitness professionals makes your business more profitable and your working life a whole lot more fun.
Video from Marietta giving a brief overview of her session.
Session overview - Club Owners/Managers:
The Owners/Managers sessions are focussed this year how to grow your business, including:
- An update on key legislative developments, FBT, REPs new prescreening forms, and also emerging international trends presented by FitnessNZ CE, Richard Beddie.
- One of the biggest challenges in fitness businesses today is effective staff management, especially when your goals seem to be so different to those who are working for you. You will walk away from the session with some tools and tricks to inspire and motivate your staff to make your business be successful while they are looking after their own personal and professional goals. Presented by Julz Darroch
- Exercise and business guru Marietta Mehanni from Melbourne Australia, will give an overview one of the fastest growing business opportunities, the pelvic floor, and why its so important to your club.
What is my investment? (it’s amazing value!)
The standard price is $199 per person with the following discounts available (you can combine these)
- Earlybird (book up-to 27 May 2013) save $50
- FitnessNZ Members and REPs Registered Exercise Professionals save $100
Lowest possible rate $49 for FitnessNZ / REPs Early bird rate.
|until 27 May 2013||After 27 May 2013|
|FitnessNZ members (club managers/owners)
REPs Registered Exercise Professionals (PTs)
|Non members of FitnessNZ (club owner/managers)
Non REPs Registered PTs
Your presenter Marietta Mehanni from Melbourne Australia is a world class award winning presenter with over 20 years experience. Marietta presents regularly at prestigious international conventions and events. Marietta is also a regular presenter at the FitEx Conference in New Zealand, and she brings a wealth of cutting edge knowledge and skill.From a grass roots level, Marietta is the course coordinator, lecturer for several universities and training providers in Australia. As a Pelvic Floor Ambassador, in conjunction with the Continence Foundation of Australia, Marietta has been an integral part of the development of pelvic floor awareness in the fitness industry and creating the link between physiotherapy and fitness. Marietta has also developed a unique mentoring system based on accelerated learning that has provided the fitness industry with many highly skilled instructors and presenters.
Julz is a wellington based presenter, educator and consultant. Her varied career has included fitness business ownership, a regular fitness presenter on TVNZ’s Goodmorning show, presenting at conferences in NZ and Australia, a writer for many publications, as well as many thousands of hours working with clients in Group Fitness and Personal Training.
Richard is the current CE of FitnessNZ. He is a past owner of fitness centres, and has worked in the industry for over 20 years. Richard has a Bachelor of Science in statistics, and completed an MBA specialising in the Fitness Industry. Richard presenters internationally on fitness industry trends.